Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18 - Shadow Box

Every year, we draw names in my office for Secret Santa.  By the way, we use www.elfster.com and just love how it organizes a Secret Santa, allows individuals to ask anonymous questions, allows us to make sure people don't get the same individuals in consecutive years, etc.  This year I got Bonnie as the person I was to do something for.  This has been a bad year for Bonnie so I wanted to do something extra special for her.  I know how much she loves the beach and sea shells, so I decided to cross stitch sea shells and put this in a shadow box with real sea shells.  I was hoping it would come out ok, but it actually was better than I thought it was.  I actually sewed a sand dollar onto the cross stitch section so that it gave it some dimension.  So we have sand, shells, cross stitch and love all incorporated into this shadow box!


She got teary-eyed when I gave it to her.  I think she really liked it!  

Hugs, Meg

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! I would've cried too.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Stunning Meg. Such a thoughtful gift for your co-worker..Loz

    ReplyDelete