Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19th

This is not going to be a typical post for my blog - but I have a request for everyone that will see this. 

I have a friend that has a neighbor that is dealing with a lot this Christmas.  Their 17 year old son is fighting for his life right now and there is a request that everyone send a Christmas card to him so that he will know we are praying for him.  This might be his last Christmas.  The information regarding all that is going on is below.  Thank you for taking the time to read this:


Cindy Chouinard Payne Update on Joshua Ryan Pilger: Today is Friday, 12/16/11. The doctors called Josh's dad and I out of his room tonight to talk. They stated the cancer is not responding to chemotherapy and it is growing. We were given two options. One: we could take him home or Two: We can try a different type of chemotherapy that will hit him hard and hopefully kill it this time. It will be very dangerous as it will knock everything out of him and time will tell if this works. I stated that I want to fight but it is Josh's decision on if he is up for this. We went in the room and the doctors told Josh exactly what he was up against. Without any hesitation, he responded that we were going to fight. THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME SUCH A STRONG SON! I am asking everyone to please pray with everything you have to let him win this battle. We are going to start the new chemotherapy on Sunday morning. And take a minute out of your schedules to send him a Christmas card to let him know that you are praying for him. I want him to know that all of you are behind him in this battle. Thank you! Josh's Mom OSF Children's Hospital, St. Jude, Josh Pilger, Room 406, Peoria, IL 61637



Josh is 17 and a senior at IVC high school in Chillicothe, IL. He likes the Bears. If you could find a minute to drop Josh a Christmas card, his parents and grandparents would be thrilled as I know Josh will be.
 

I think about the fact that I have a 17 year old daughter, and if I were going through this right now I would want the same thing - for everyone to pray and to let her know they cared.  I would be devastated having to deal with this so it has touched me!  I hope this has touched you as well!
 
Thank you, Hugs, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment