Sunday, December 1, 2013

Phi Mu Mother/Daughter Event

Last weekend I had the most amazing weekend with my daughter.  She was inducted into the sorority Phi Mu at East Carolina University as a founding member.  This is the first year they have Phi Mu and there were 118 girls.  The reason that it was so special for me is because I was in Phi Mu when I was at James Madison University before I transferred to ECU.  I was able to be at the installation and actual induct my daughter into the sorority.  It was a very special weekend.

One of the events for the weekend was a Mother/Daughter painting event.  We had so much fun!

Here are the pics of the painting that we did.  The flower for Phi Mu is the carnation.  The pic was hand drawn for us on the canvas.

 
 
The sympbol for Phi Mu is on the vase. 
 

Here is the beginning of the painting.


Then we worked on painting the flowers.


And more flowers.



And more flowers



Then working on the overall painting.



Then my daughter, Brittany, and I together.




What a fun time we had together. 

Well, here is to the first day of December!  Happy Holidays!

Hugs, Meg








2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous paintings Meg. Congrats to your daughter..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend time together! Woohoo for you two!
    Love the paintings too. :D

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete